Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Reforming Kent by Siobhan Davis ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


 

This book was an emotional, angsty read. Davis did a great job at pulling the reader into the life of Kent. I was so ready not to like him after my introduction to him in “Adoring Keaton,” but I fell in love with him. He is troubled, flawed, and fighting demons that have ruled him since he was 15 years old. As I read the book, I was able to read between the lines and guess what torment fueled him. However, I wasn’t prepared for the who and why! Because of his reputation as a bad boy, when he meets Presley, she turns him down flat! Kent is nothing if not determined and he slowly woos Presley, which in itself was a surprise, but this guy has layers that not even his family were aware off.

 

Don’t get me started on his family. It made my heart break to know that he struggled for so long and no one thought this was out of the norm for him - all thought he was acting out! The scene when  the truth is revealed  and laid bare for them all to see had me in tears and my eyes are watering up now as I write this.

 

Although determined not to fall for Kent, Presley found him hard to resist when she got to see the side of him most people never see. She struggles with her own issues and sorrows, but the love that she and Kent share was all consuming, They are so passionate, their chemistry is off the charts, and they find solace and peace in each other. 

 

However, like all good romances the road to HEA is never smooth.  Kent and Presley had their fair share of issues to resolve before they could ultimately get their HEA. It was one hell of a rollercoaster journey, that brought tears to my eyes more than once, but it was such a good journey one that kept me up until the early morning hours! I highly recommend this book, but it does discuss a sensitive subject that could be a trigger for some and there is a warning at the beginning of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reputation by Adriana Locke ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I  absolutely love the Mason brothers – I love their family dynamics - their interactions are funny, entertaining, and you can feel the stro...